2013

NATS Canada continues to grow and opens the second Canadian campus in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

2005

President of Canadian Operations, Randy Henry opens the facility at 847 Highbury Ave in London, Ontario, Canada.

2004

In May, the Diesel Institute of American relocated from Grantsville, Maryland to its present location in Baltimore, and changed its name to North American Trade Schools.

2002

The Diesel Institute of American was purchased and is presently owned by Education Enterprises Incorporated.

1988

In November, the school was acquired by EFC Trade.

1986

In September DIA began offering commercial truck driver training.

1983

The Diesel Institute of American opens in Grantsville, MD.

1982

The school was approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to award the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree in the Electrical Technology program.

1973

In January, the school was accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the National Association of Trade and Technical Schools, (NATTS), Washington, D.C.

1973

The Diesel Institute of American offered its first classes in a 500 square foot garage in Landover, Maryland. As word spread in the industry concerning the availability of school trained diesel mechanics, DIA began to grow.

1970

The Diesel Institution of America (DIA) was established in 1970 by Sheldon Monsein, then President of Central GMC/Kenworth, Inc. in Landover, Maryland. His idea was fostered out of need for additional qualified diesel mechanics to repair the hundreds of vehicles at his facility.

1954

New Castle moved to its present location on Route 422 in Pulaski, PA.

1945

The Newcastle School of Trades was founded and became a multipurpose technical and trade institution.